A turn of eras? German defense policy in an era of great power conflicts
The war in Ukraine has torn Germany out of its security policy slumber. The violent destruction of the European peace order makes it clear that international politics could undergo serious changes. There is a danger that this „turning point“ is only the beginning of a new era of great power conflicts. Is German security and defense policy properly positioned for this? How do our transatlantic partners view these tectonic shifts? It’s abou time to discuss this.
We cordially invite you to join us. Join Elbridge A. Colby, Ambassador Boris Ruge, Lieutenant General Hans-Werner Wiermann, MP Ulrich Lechte and MP Dr. Marcus Faber to discuss urgent questions on security and defense policy issues, moderated by Theresa Caroline Winter.
This event of the parliamentary group of the Free Democrats in the Bundestag takes place in a hybrid format in English (in presence with German translation; the Livestream via YouTube only in English).
We look forward to an interesting and lively discussion with you and our guests.
Welcome: Dr. Marcus Faber, MP, Member of the Defense Committee, Free Democrats
Keynote: Elbridge A. Colby, Co-founder and principal of The Marathon Initiative (Washington, D.C.)
- Elbridge A. Colby, Co-founder and principal of The Marathon Initiative (Washington, D.C.)
- Ambassador Boris Ruge, Deputy Chairman of the Munich Security Conference
- Lieutenant general Hans-Werner Wiermann, Director General of the International Military Staff of NATO
- Ulrich Lechte MP, Foreign Policy Spokesman, Free Democrats
- Dr. Marcus Faber MP, Member of the Defense Committee, Free Democrats
Moderation: Theresa C. Winter, Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom
Closing word: Alexander Graf Lambsdorff MP, Deputy Chairman of the Free Democrats in the Bundestag